'Had a fabulous time exploring the Highlands, checking out the Braemar Games and the Queen. Beautiful scenery, great tour & guide'
Robert & Sarah Ashwood, Canada, Sep 2008
Highland Games Programme - 2010
- Saturday July 3rd - Luss
- Sunday July 11th - Stirling
- Saturday July 17th - Balloch
- Saturday July 31st - Callander
- Sunday August 22nd - Crieff
- Saturday September 4th - Braemar Highland Gathering (checkin 08.00 returns 21.00)
- Tours Depart: 09.00 (except Braemar which departs at 08.00)
- Return time: 18.00 (except Braemar which returns at approx 21.00)
- Adults from £30, Children & Seniors SAVE £3
- Admission to the Games is not included in the tour price (Normal charge between £5 and £7).
A once in a lifetime experience at a real Scottish Highland Games; from tossing the caber, putting the shot and throwing the hammer, to the skirl of bagpipes and the twirl of kilts... you'll see and hear them all. Highland Games (or Gatherings) have taken place in towns and villages throughout the Highlands for hundreds of years and are THE highlight of the Scottish calendar, making for a truly memorable day out amongst outstanding Highland scenery.
Originally an athletic contest between Clans and dating back over 900 years, the Gatherings are a fantastic spectacle and highlights include Highland dancing, pipe band displays, hammer throwing, tug-of-war, wrestling and, of course, tossing the caber.
We have devised a special programme of day tours leaving from Edinburgh to a selection of Games throughout the Highlands. Each Gathering has its own local charm and character. We also include a visit to the world famous Braemar Gathering.
* All tours spend the morning exploring the Highlands en-route to the village where the games are being held and at least 2-3 hours at the games themselves.
Check availability and book today >>>